Who Am I?
Well, as I am brand new to the world of blogs, I think it’s only fair that I introduce myself, right? So, Hi! My name is actually Kevin Warman. Here are a few facts about me.
- Age: 49
- Born: In Philadelphia, actually near Valley Forge, so I grew up loving history.
- Living: In the suburbs of Houston, Texas since I was 9 years old
- Married to: My beautiful wife… for the SECOND time
- Kids: Yep. Boy/Girl twins. 15 years old and just started high school. Pray for us.
- Occupation: Currently unemployed, so working through that situation
- Mental Disorder: Bipolar II, diagnosed in December of 2002
Why “Ping Pong Head”?
So, one of the first questions you may be asking yourself is, “Why do you call yourself, ‘Ping Pong Head’?” Much of this I’ll get into in later posts, but essentially it was during a conversation with a psychologist when I was first diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder. It was one of this “Ah Ha!” moments and it’s stuck with me ever since.
Why Am I Doing This?
Essentially I’m doing this because I think I can save the world. Well, no. That’s a lie. I THINK it’s a combination of a lot of things.
- I have Bipolar Disorder and I’ve met many other people over the years who do as well.
- Mental illness has been in the news quite a bit the last few years, and weeks, and I think it’s time we all start talking about it.
- Talking to others about Bipolar, Depression, Mental Illness etc. is my therapy.
- I really like helping people by talking to them and letting them know they’re not alone in this journey, no matter what their illness.
- I love to write.
- This is my current “I can conquer the world” idea.
What Will I Write About?
Well, like a ping pong ball, my brain goes from one topic to another in a matter of moments. When in a conversation with someone, if I make it through and stick to just one topic, that’s quite the accomplishment. I call this the “Edith Bunker Curse”. Younger kids, if you don’t understand what that means, Google the TV show, “All in the Family” and learn about Edith Bunker. Ok, sorry. So, I will write about my experiences living with Bipolar, things in the news about mental illness, and probably just my random observations while out in the world. I have kind of a Seinfeld sense of humor, so if you like that, great. If you don’t like Seinfeld or never heard of him, I’ll apologize now. Anyway, I hope this interests you. It’s really just meant to be an open conversation for whomever wants to talk about Bipolor, Mental Illness or whatever is on your mind. I’d love to hear from those diagnosed and from friends and family members of those who live with the disorder(s) in your family.
Does this interest you? Let me know! I’ll try and write as often as possible.
Thanks for reading!